IEA welcomes the opportunity to collaborate with our international partners to customize short-term, faculty-directed programs. Our goal is to make it possible for you to develop and facilitate academic programming for your students in Latin America. Whether you need comprehensive support and services or simply a home base in the region, we’re here to help.
- Study Centers. IEA offers study and research centers in Buenos Aires and Montevideo, with classroom and office space of more than 8000 square feet. All of our classrooms are air-conditioned and offer whiteboards, Internet access, a PC and overhead projectors.
- Local University Partners. IEA partners with several prestigious local universities, where all or just part of your program can be implemented. Your students can enjoy campus life in Argentina and take advantage of local universities facilities.
- Spanish Language. Through our Spanish language schools, Academia Buenos Airesand Academia Uruguay, IEA can provide tailored Spanish language programming for your students. Our programs are accredited by the Spanish Instituto Cervantes.
- Internships & Service-Learning Partners. Through our local networks with NGOs, not-for-profits, and other organizations, IEA can arrange for internships, undergraduate research, and service-learning opportunities.
- Co-Curricular Learning Support. At IEA, we encourage all students to engage in primary research and learning. Let us help you set up appropriate academic field study, field trips, and guest lectures from local experts.
- Student Accommodation. IEA can coordinate safe and secure housing for your students, either in localhotels or with select host families.
- Student Services. IEA provides orientation programming to assist your students with intercultural adjustment and cultural learning. IEA can arrange cultural activities, including visits to important cultural institutions and social activities such as local concerts, dance events, asado grill evenings, tango dancing, etc.
- Health, Safety & Security. IEA appoints a professional program coordinator to assist each group with the smooth operation and facilitation of the program. The institute has a 24-7 hotline for health and safety support, available in English and Spanish.